Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Big Holiday Trip -- Getting Started



Boy, if I don't get going, it'll be next Christmas before I tell you about our Big Holiday Trip.

Uchenna had to use up two weeks of vacation by the end of the year or lose them forever. Rather than hang around Oklahoma for that time, he opted to go somewhere warm. I agreed that was a very good plan. So the week before Christmas we went to Orlando. Then, for Christmas itself, plus a few days after, we spent with family in Dallas.

I sometimes forget how much work it is to plan a good vacation, especially if you're trying to be economically efficient while still having a good time. Then, throw in a couple different locations, and you end up with a lot of moving parts. But then we did go, and it was great!

I'd been to Disneyland, but Uchenna hadn't. I'd never been to Orlando, but Uchenna had a conference there a few years ago. It's a big place, so rather than a blow-by-blow, I'll tell you what we learned. Keep reading to find out!

No comments: